What makes you sad?

I was in the verge of tears
when a question was thrown at me
"What makes you sad?"

I paused.
Took a deep breath
and answered,

"It's like getting betrayed.
It's like believing in people's promises
Just to be disappointed in the end."

Deep breath,
another jab in the heart.

"It's that feeling of being abandoned.
It also feels like you've lost someone important.
Someone you hold dear,
that's gone from this world,
and never would come back."

Another deep breath.

"and the fact that it feels empty.
the fact that I lost my motivation to move on,
because he was my motivation.
My goal.
My moving forward.
My anticipated future."

I stopped.
Trying to catch my breath.
and yet there's always this back story.
that only you and the person you're with
knows why things are like this.
Knows why things are sad.
Knows why things can caused depression.
Knows why things are hurting.

Only both of us know,
isn't it?

Comments

Popular Posts