The Turner of Hearts

I saw your post that day and I miss you terribly.
When I saw it, it felt like a sting in the chest.
Like my heart knows what it longs for.
But I know I couldn't say anything
despite I wanted to.

All I could think of is no matter how many times I've said
I miss you
I want you
and I love you
If Allah doesn't will your heart to feel the same,
it won't.

But, even if you've moved on
I've moved on
even if we walk in a different direction entirely
If Allah wills our heart to miss each other,
wanted to be with one another,
it will.

Allah is the turner of hearts.
Because we belong to Him,
so our hearts is His.

That somehow made me calm.
It made me feel less anxious.
It made me feel like letting go
is the easiest thing to do.
Because He knows what is inside my heart
and whatever happens,
I am sure He'll give me the best that I deserve.

Anas reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, would often say, “O turner of the hearts, affirm my heart upon your religion!” I said, “O Messenger of Allah, we believe in you and in that with which you were sent. Do you fear for us?” The Prophet said, “Yes, for the hearts are between the fingers of Allah. He turns them whichever way he wills.
Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 2140

Comments

Popular Posts