Story of the Prophet Yusuf

It was during Fajr, when I was done with my prayers and I just stopped and stared at the wall in front of me. Clearly trying to digest what had happened and trying to accept things as it is.
My heart suddenly moved to pick up my tafsir and I just closed my eyes and asked Allah about you.

I flipped the pages and it was the first page of Surah Yusuf. As per the surah's name, It's about our Prophet Yusuf (peace be upon him). Usually, I would just have stopped reading after I read the two pages but on that day, I felt like I wanted to know the full story of what happened to our dear Prophet. From there I learnt about Allah's decree and one's patience.

Prophet Yusuf (peace be upon him) is one of the twelve sons of Prophet Ya'qub (peace be upon him). Prophet Yusuf's siblings was jealous of him as he has a remarkable distinction compared to the others. So his siblings plotted to throw him away in a well. They feel remarkably terrible after that and went to Prophet Ya'qub and told him that Yusuf had been devoured by a wolf.
At this point, I was surprised with Prophet's Ya'qub's (peace be upon him) answer:

"And they brought his shirt stained with faked blood; he said, "On the contrary-your hearts have fabricated an excuse for you; therefore patience is better; from Allah only I seek help against the matter you relate." Surah Yusuf, ayah 18.

Despite knowing his sons lied to him, despite knowing Yusuf was nowhere to be found, he believes Yusuf is still alive. Since he can't do anything about the matter, he seeks refuge in Allah and Sabr with the test. Skipping some parts of the story when Yusuf grew up and after so many years, he got reunited with his family ones again. 

What I learned from Prophet Yusuf's story is that separation is necessary. It teaches you to be patient. It teaches you to accept Allah's decree regardless. Because we don't know the things that He knows. Allah has greater plans. If by this separation Allah wants to teach me something about life then I welcome it with an open heart and an open mind. Maybe in the future me and you will get to be reunited again, maybe we wouldn't. But the most important thing is the value of the things that had happened. 

The mistakes,
the quarrels,
the confusion, 
the separation, 
the regrets, 
it's be for the best. 
Not just for me, 
for both of us. 

Comments

Popular Posts