Believe it or not

I have always wondered how can a person decided to cut their ties with you.
How can a person suddenly decided they don't love you anymore.
How can a person you're so close with, decided to turn their back against you.

I never wanted to believe in it.
I never will.
I never can.
So I've thought.

What changed my mind is definitely the time when my friend shared me a story about a couple who truly loves each other and after 6 months of their marriage, she got pregnant and both of them were so happy. After she gave birth, she realized that her husband started to change. He started to not care about her, he didn't want to touch her, he kept on coming home later than usual. One fateful day, she came across his bank statement and found out his weird transactions, his visits to hotels. So yes, she found out that she'd been cheated on.

So there, I used to not want to believe someone you love can stab you in the back despite everything you've gone through together but in reality. They can.

They can leave you.
They can treat you like you didn't matter to them.
They can.
and they're brave enough to do it.
Regardless.

Comments

Popular Posts